Have you ever forgotten one of your favorite ‘go-to’ recipes and stopped preparing it? Then one day when you walk into a grocery store and you spot one of the ingredients, the memory of that delicious fantastic meal slaps you in the face? Well this sure-as-shoot happened to me today! All it took was a can of coconut cream to do it!
I picked up this Curried Shrimp meal from a good friend of mine who is a FANTASTIC cook. She can bake and sauté with the best of the best, but don’t worry this one is not complicated, it’s so stinkin’ easy to prepare!
- Bag of shrimp (any size, precooked, raw, big guys or little fellas)
- Olive Oil
- Spice Islands Spicy Curry Powder (Spice Island has two different curry seasonings that actually might have the same name, so make sure to get the one that is blended with other seasonings like red pepper flakes)
- 1 can of coconut cream (Milk just doesn’t have the same consistency as the cream. You only use about 1/4-1/2 a can so you can use the rest in smoothies!)
- 1 small bag of fresh or frozen peas
- Rice (you can use pasta or anything really, but I find rice goes best with this meal)
**I did not put amounts of ingredients because it’s totally up to you! More shrimp and veggies for more people or less for just you! Usually 12ish small shrimp per person is enough. I used 1/4 of the coconut cream for 2 servings. If you want a spicy taste add less cream or more cream to dull down the spice.
- In a sauté pan add 1-2 TBS olive oil and 1 TBS of the curry seasoning, let this simmer together a few minuets.
- Add the shrimp to the pan as well as the peas if they are frozen. If they are fresh wait a few min to add them, so they don’t overcook.
- Let this simmer for 5-8 min (the amount of time will depend on how much shrimp and peas you add….make sure the shrimp are bright pink and peas are cooked through).
- Add the coconut cream to the pan, stir and let simmer for another 2-5 minuets.
- Top your rice with the curried shrimp concoction, making sure to get some of the sauce!
- EAT! ENJOY!
This is super easy and yummy. A great Friday night meal where the brain power is a little bit drained, but you still want a nice meal to enjoy with the family.
Enjoy and let me know what you think!!